What Do Doctors Say About the HCG Diet Plan?
Dr. A.T.W. Simeons originally discovered the HCG Diet Plan in 1954 while practicing in Rome, Italy. Dr. Simeons devoted years of research with patients suffering from obesity. During his research, Dr. Simeons noticed that his patients lost a lot of weight while their bodies reshaped naturally without exercise or any effort. He also noticed the patients had no headaches, hunger pains, or irritability while on a low calorie diet combined with doses of HCG. In addition, weight maintenance was not an issue for patients who had undergone the HCG Diet Plan.
During research in the early 1950s, Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, noticed that boys being treated with HCG were also able to lose excess weight by eating much less without any hunger pangs. After additional research, the doctor soon realized that HCG doubled as a diet aid. As a result, he published a paper, praising its effects. He also developed a dietary regimen that included HCG (human Chorionic Gondotropin) as a weight loss drug.
The following steps explain
how the HCG diet works:
- For the best results, you should stay with the diet for a minimum of 26 days. You also need to take a daily injection of HCG for 23 days out of the 26.
- Unless you lose between 34 and 40 pounds within the first 26-day time period, Treatment may last as long as 43 days (with a total of 40 injections)
- As a dieter, you shouldn't receive injections during the last three days. This allows the HCG to cycle out of your body before going back to your normal diet. Initally, it about three days for HCG to start taking effect.
- After 40 days, dieters tend to develop an immunity to HCG, so you may need a six week break from the diet in order to re-sensitize it.
- The diet requires that you cut your calorie intake to 500 calories per day (but not until after your third HCG shot). The 500 calories should be enough for you to sustain your diet without experiencing hunger pangs throughout the day.
- Once ingested, HCG provides the calories you need to get through the day. In addition, you don't necessarily have to exercise while you're on the diet in order to get the best results.
- Since HCG affects stored fat, you'll need to stop HCG treatments after losing all the excess weight. Once the fat is all burned up, your body rejects the 500-calorie limit.
- While on the diet, the food you consume should be high in protein and low in starches. You should also avoid high-fat foods.
- You can't consume alcohol while on the diet, it's forbidden. In addition, some updated versions of the diet include additional appetite suppressants, such as daily injections of phentermine.
There have been few reports of health problems developing as a result of the HCG diet, although there are some risks, among them an increased risk of blood clots, headaches, restlessness and depression. Also, you may feel, well, like you're pregnant -- swelling, breast tenderness and water retention, anyone? HCG can also cause a potentially life-threatening condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). Proponents of the diet point out that HCG is clearly safe for pregnant women and the fetuses they carry, and that dieters receive a much smaller dose of HCG than is found under normal conditions in pregnant women.
The HCG diet isn't covered by insurance, and it can be somewhat pricey: A consultation visit may run around $150, as well as follow-up visits after a month. The costs of the injections (which can be self-administered) is around $10 a pop, and this cost (as well as that of any additional appetite suppressants) may or may not be included in the cost of the office visits. Next, why did the HCG diet fall off the radar until recently?
While the initial study performed and published by Dr. Simeons backed his claims of the HCG diet's effectiveness, subsequent studies have produced the type of results that don't get mentioned on late-night diet-fad infomercials.
Most independent, peer-reviewed studies of the HCG diet have shown no difference in weight loss between subjects on a low-calorie diet who received HCG injections and subjects who received a placebo [source: Conis]. One study even showed that both the placebo group and the HCG group reported major hunger pangs throughout the treatment. Regardless, once a person stops the HCG diet, he or she will have to adopt a normal and healthy lifestyle, or the weight's just coming back. Proponents of the HCG diet maintain that the purpose of the diet is to break food addictions and abnormal eating behaviors, and that the month or so of treatment allows a person to do so. In this sense, the diet hopes to achieve short-term weight loss with long-term behavioral modification. Of course, eating well-proportioned meals is much easier when you're injecting stimulants and hunger-suppressing hormones. If you gain weight again, the doctor or clinic -- upon the follow-up visit -- may recommend you start the treatment over again. Therefore, you may just scrap real attempts to change eating habits and sign on to long-term use of chemicals without fixing the real problem: your diet and exercise habits. A month-long course of HCG injections and crash dieting will likely help you lose weight, but a key question is: Is this the best way to permanently modify poor eating habits?
In addition to the reliability of a new diet fad popping up to replace the one before it, there's another constant when it comes to dieting -- no matter what you do, maintaining a healthy weight depends on eating right and exercising. For more information on dieting and health through the years, from the tapeworm diet to eating gluten-free, see the next page.
Best HCG Drops for Weight LossNews about the Best HCG Drops for weight loss has certainly raised a few eyebrows among dieters. However, the positive responses from overweight individuals across the country seem to prove that Best HCG Drops are an efficient way to lose weight. The glycoprotein hormone in HCG burns fat into calories and increases metabolism at the same time. In addition, it suppresses hunger pangs that often make dieters physically weak.
The following are a few tips for getting the most out of your HCG Diet Plan:
- Best HCG Drops are intended for obese people. Approximately 125 to 200 i.u. of HCG can shed anywhere between one to three pounds a day. An i.u. measures the potency of the drug.
- In order to get the best results from an HCG diet, you need to stick to 500 calories each and every day. Adhering to the 500-calorie diet will inevitably burn abnormal fat and speed up your metabolism at the same time. Additionally, it cleanses the body and restricts further loading of abnormal fat.
- To enhance the performance of Best HCG Drops, dieters should drink plenty of water (preferably distilled), and sleep for a minimum of eight hours each day.
- Ingestion of Best HCG Drops have three different phases that run a total of 44 days to complete the entire diet. It involves 125 i.u. of HCG, combined with a very low calorie diet (VLCD). If you adhere to this regimen, you can usually shed 40 pounds or more.
- The safest method to infuse the hormone into the body is through Homeopathic HCG sub lingual drops.
- Unlike other diet shots and pills, Best HCG Drops have no side effects. Anyone above 16 years can purchase the hormone over the counter in a local drug store. It can also be purchased online, if desired.
- Additional benefits of Best HCG Drops are a lack of pain, lumps, and cramps. The drops require no mixing (unlike shots). Since the diluted drops dissolve faster, they also act much faster. Anywhere between eight and ten drops of HCG will shed one to three pounds daily.
Testimonials:Tell us your success story
- "My name is Amber. I am 34 years old. I started putting on some weight and needed to get it off quickly. I had heard about the HCG Diet from a friend and saw her success so I thought I would give it a try.
I started at 160 lbs and am now at my goal weight of 125 lbs after only 35 days! There were mornings when I thought my scale was broken. I was losing 1-2 pounds each day. My stomach has not been this flat since before I had my babies.
I get compliments all the time about how great I look. One thing that I am most thrilled about... my skin has cleared up!"
- "I lost 35 lbs using HCG drops. It's been 3 months now and I've kept the weight off!"
Jenn F. - Sandy, UT
- "My name is Mike. In just six months, I lost 120 pounds. This saved my life and the best part is that I have kept the weight off. Like many of you, I struggled with my weight for years. If you want to seriously lose weight and keep it off, I highly recommend the HCG diet drops."
- "I only started the diet 4 days ago and I have already lost 9lbs!!!! Can't wait to continue the weightloss. It was hard to be strict with my diet but after seeing immediate results I don't care about the junk food that I am not eating. "
- "My name is Susan. I began the HCG oral drops diet from HCG Blue Bottle (the blue bottle). I took 10 drops, 3 times a day for 3 weeks. It curbed my appetite and my energy level was great. I lost a total of 22 pounds and have kept it off. I have recommended the blue bottle to all of my friends. I have never come across a faster or easier way to permanently lose abnormal fat.
- "I've been using your HCG drops (and following Dr. Simeon's protocol) for two weeks now, and I've lost 14 pounds. I hope to see continued success as others have."
- I have been tired of living a dieted lifestyle, meaning that I didn't eat red meat or desserts except for on a special occasion. Usually I could work out more and cut my food portions down and lose the extra 8 to 10 pounds I had gained. However, once I turned 40 that no longer worked. Had I not seen my friend lose a large amount of weight I wouldn't have believed that this would work for me. I am so glad I did this though because I lost 12 pounds in 17 days.
- I used the hCG drops for the 23 day protocol and lost 20 lbs. It's been 3 months now and I've kept the weight off. It feels so good to fit into size 8 pants! It is fun to shop now that I don't have to find the size 12's. I feel amazing thanks to the hCG diet.
Taking Advantage ofAfter finding out about the HCG diet plan and HCG injections, many people often wonder whether or not it's an efficient way to lose weight. The HCG diet plan isn't a new concept; it's been around for decades. It was introduced by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons as early as 1950. During that time, Dr. Simeons claimed that dieters could survive on a 500-calorie per day diet without experiencing any hunger pangs (provided that these people used daily HCG injections).
the HCG Diet Plan
Today, dieters and others alike identify the HCG diet as the Simeons treatment, and many still use it as an effective way to lose weight. Since HCG hormones are already in the body, researchers have found that HCG has the ability to cause fat-to-calorie conversions in pregnant women.
Additional research has shown that the hormones in HCG produce the same effect in males and females wanting to lose weight. In addition, researchers have found that some of the benefits of HCG include the ability to eat a very low calorie diet without hunger pangs, headaches, or nausea. A few experts also claim that users of HCG drops lose much more fat than those who don't use the product.
Although the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) has yet to license the use of HCG injections, it is still available on the market. A synthethic version of the HCG hormone is also available for use. Dieters can choose to injest HCG orally or through an injection (under a doctor's care). The best weight loss results occur when people accompany HCG injections with a low calorie diet.
If you are looking to take advantage of the HCG injections or oral supplements, you should first consult your doctor or physician for the best results.
Using HCG DropsLet's face it. Obesity is unhealthy. A wide range of health problems, including Coronary heart disease, blood strain, and high cholesterol are all attributed to obesity. In order to help these people lose weight, an innovative drug called HCG Drops has been introduced into the market. HCG, a natural hormone, stands for human Chorionic Gonadotropin, The hormone is found in our bodies, and can be used to reduce weight in a pure way. HCG interacts with the Hypothalamus gland, increases metabolism, and allows the body to use fat as energy.
to Lose Weight
Years ago, Dr. A.T.W. Simeon discovered that HCG Drops helped people lose weight. He also found that HCG Drops curbed his patients' appetites tremendously. During his research in the 1950s, Dr. Simeons observed that boys who were treated with HCG lost excess weight by eating much less without any hunger pangs. He became interested in HCG as a diet aid, and started developing the drug as a dietary regimen for losing weight.
Today, treatments typically last for 43 days unless you lose 34 to 40 pounds before the allotted time is up. It takes about three days for the weight loss effects of the drug to kick in. It is also recommended that dieters cut their calories to 500 per day. Once the HCG Drops are active in your body, they provide you with the calories you need to burn to throughout the day. During the last three days of treatment, patients don't receive any HCG injections so that it can cycle completely out of their bodies before going back to a regular diet.
The 500-calorie diet is ample as long as fat deposits are released for use. Once you lose the excess weight, the treatments must stop, because the HCG drops only affect stored fat. Once the excess fat is used up, the body rejects the 500 calorie limit.
What Should You Eat OnThe HCG diet plan consists of a 500 calorie per day diet, along with regular doses of the HCG hormone. With a regular, everyday diet, the body typically pulls about 2000 calories to store as body fat. Since you only consume 500 calories on the HCG Diet Plan, there are certain foods you need to avoid. By the same token, there are other foods that you need to eat. The foods that you eat on your diet are the ones that help restore your body fat to its normal state.
the HCG Diet Plan?
The following is a daily diet as recommended by Dr. Simeons, the founder and pioneer of the HCG Diet Plan.
BreakfastFor breakfast, Dr. Simeons recommends that you drink black coffee (organic preferred), and several different types of organic tea (for example, Green Tea, Wu Long, and Chamomile). You can have as much coffee and tea that you want (as long as you don't add anything else into them). It's also better to use pure or distilled water for your drinks. If you feel hungry throughout the day, you can have all the coffee and tea you want. The caffine in coffee and tea has a tendency to suppress your appetite. You should also drink a lot of water to flush out your system.
Lunch and DinnerFor lunch and dinner, you should eat organically fed proteins such as beef, veal, fish, and skinless chicken breast. Be sure that the fish you eat is low in mercury. In addition, you can also eat vegetables such as spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, and celery. Keep in mind that you should eat only one kind of vegetable with each meal. Do not add any oil or fats to cook the vegetables. Instead, you should boil, grill, or steam them. You can also have a small apple, grapefruit, or cup of strawberries for dessert, as long as they are organic.
If feel hungry during the day, you can have all the coffee and tea that you want. The caffine in coffee and tea has a tendency to suppress your appetite. You should also have as much water as you want throughout the day.